The Palm Course (narrow course) designed by Hall of Fame golfer Gary Player, offers a tournament-grade challenge for any avid golfer. The narrow front nine require precise shot-making ability, with water and wind testing the player’s ability. The back nine play completely different as longer; wider more elevated holes allow you a moment to appreciate the beauty of this course while relaxing your vigilance just a bit. Holes #14 and #16 overlook the Caribbean and Vieques and allow the player to contemplate the wonders of nature.
73.2 / 136
Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf in 1995
The Palm Course hosted Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf in1995. Filmed on June 6th and aired nationally on ABC on December 10, 1995. The broadcast showed Puerto Rico’s Chi Chi Rodríguez defeat Lee Treviño 72 to 74 in Medal Play.
The Flamboyán Course has already raised the benchmark by which all future Caribbean golf courses are measured. Offering golfers of all levels both a challenging experience and a beautiful setting in which to play, the Flamboyán Course has been ranked as the second-best course in Puerto Rico by Golf Digest (November 2003) and the best course on the island by Barron’s Magazine (March 1999). Built on a former sugar cane plantation, the course was routed to let the prevailing trade winds provide additional challenges. This is especially true on two of the course’s longest holes, the par 5 seventh and the par 4 ninth.
76.1 / 141
The challenge and beauty of the 12th hole
The most memorable hole on the Flamboyán Course is the par 3 twelfth hole. This challenging hole is played downhill, but into the wind, to a large green framed by bunkers left and right. Behind the green, coconut palms and the Caribbean Sea provide a distractingly beautiful backdrop for all to enjoy.
The Club House with approximately 40,000 square feet includes the Golf Pro Shop, the well renown Chez Daniel restaurant, a member’
s lounge, ladies and gentlemen locker rooms as well as bag storage facilities.
Eduardo “Eduardito” Figueroa
Born in San Juan in 1973, Eduardo “Eduardito” Figueroa started playing golf at the age of seven. He was recognized as a youth champion at the ages of 15 and 17 years old. He has coached the Puerto Rico National team to the Caribbean Championship 8 times and was selected the Club Professional of the Year in 2015, 2018 and 2019 by the PRGA.
Eduardito, as we know him in the world of golf, had a golf scholarship at Bradley University NCAA Division 1, where he served as captain for two years. Figueroa was the only student to make it to the top ten conferences.
In 1996 he began his professional golf career obtaining the following achievements:
- – He was recognized as a PGA Player of the Year by the PGA Chapter for several years (2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013).
- – Won the PGA Island Open (2009 and 2012)
- – Selected as Junior Golf Instructor of the Year (2010-2011)
- – He was chosen as Coach of the Puerto Rico National Youth Team that has been awarded as Caribbean Champion 8 times under his direction (2011 – present)
- – He was selected Club Professional of the Year by Puerto Rico Golf Association (2015, 2018, and 2019)
- – Won the PRGA Interclub in the Professional division (2017, 2018, 2019)
- – He was selected Coach & Club Professional of the year by PRGA (2018)
- – Won the Caribbean Golf Classic in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Professional Division (2019)
- – He was recognized by the Puerto Rico High School Athletic Alliance as a key element in developing the Sport of Golf at the school level (2019).
Putting Green & Driving Range
Hone your game on the expansive landing area, featuring target greens, short game area, putting green, and private instruction tee. The Golf Club has two practice greens, a double-ended driving range, clinics for all levels of play, and exciting Junior Program.
In Palmas Athletic Club, we offer golf clinics for all levels of play. We have packages for
individual and group lessons.
Palmas Athletic Club Junior Golf Summer Program introduces students to a sport that they will enjoy for a lifetime. Sessions include history of the game, rules, safety, etiquette, sportsmanship, among others. Ask us about our Summer & Junior Programs.